Thursday, January 24, 2013

DIY-Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid

UPDATE - don't know if the temperature change had anything to do with it but, at about 25deg it is working.

FAIL - this morning it was 16deg out and it didn't work, maybe the pump broke or the nozzles were frozen...

Since our first snow (today), I found out that my windshield washer reservoir was empty (I did have enough to get home) and decided to create my own.








How hard could that be?  All I need is water, some sort of non-freezing agent, gallon jug and a cleaner.
Here's what I came up with:








First in:  3/4 cup alcohol, you can see it at the bottom of the jug








Second:  3/4 cup window cleaner








Third:  1 tsp dish liquid








Fourth:  in goes13 cups water (about)








Cap goes on and a gentle rolling on the jug to mix it all up and let it rest for a while











VIOLA !!!  There you go.  Let's see if it'll work, they're calling for more snow tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment