Thursday, March 14, 2013

Getting things done

Two weeks now have gone by and after replacing the CV Joint (the drivers side), finding the tire showing steel belts and replacing the valve cover gasket needing replaced all was good to go.  UNTIL... she took it on the highway.  Seems there is a vibration in the steering wheel, guess I'll be getting the tires balanced for that.
Next up a good friend asked if I could help with his daughters car.  Yes, I'll try.  This is a fuel tank replacement and it needs to be done by Friday.  Did a little research in the internet and figured I had a hand on it.  Exhaust had to be disconnected from the muffler, pain in the ass, as it's all heated together and rusted.  Got it undone (will need to replace the flange gaskets and bolts), tank unstrapped and all lines disconnected.  Little of a wrestle but it's out and ready to transfer the "green" stuff over.
Now come the part I hate the most, I break a part.  Don't know what it is or what it's called or what it does.  But luckly for me I have the internet and a number and find out that it's a Fuel Assy.  Who would have know.  What does it do?  After some searching it seems to let the pump know when your tank is full (more of that "green" stuff).  So now were waiting on the part as it's a dealer only item or internet buy.
Looking to finish the job Friday if the part come in.
If not the daughter will have to go back to University and be mobile through her legs.
And through all this I've been taking pictures to show everyone and something happened to my memory card.  It can't be read on the card reader or able to view the pictures on the camera, SUCKS, I had some good pictures of our snow, the dogs and the first signs of Spring around here.

2 comments:

  1. Damn!! A lot going on... It's a Shane about the pictures - I how there's a way you night be about to recover them ...

    Daughter will be taking the shoe train, huh?? That's not bad for them... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be nice to get them off the card, you going to let me know how to do it?

    Yea, walkings not to bad. Still haven't heard on the part.

    ReplyDelete